Art of Being | A Mindful Art Retreat in the Heart of Sicily | October 17-23, 2021
Embarking on a program of self-discovery such as this entails inherent physical, mental, and financial risks for all involved. First and foremost, I am here to help support you on your journey in whatever way I can. Please always seek help or guidance whenever you think you may need it, and never be afraid to ask for anything. My heartfelt wish is for you to have a rich and transformative experience to remember fondly, and that the terms written here remain a long-forgotten footnote to that experience.
By booking your place on this retreat, you agree to the following terms and conditions between you (the participant) and Michael Anderson (the organizer):
Booking and Payments
A non-refundable deposit of $400 USD is payable at the time of booking to secure your place. The remaining balance is due 60 days before the start of the retreat.
In the event you cancel more than 60 days before start of the retreat, a full refund, minus the deposit, will be issued. In the event of cancellation less than 60 days before start of the retreat, no refund will be issued. The retreat is subject to a minimum enrollment of three participants. In the event the minimum enrollment is not met, the retreat may be cancelled by the organizers no less than 60 days before the start of the retreat, in which case all funds paid, including the deposit, will be refunded in full. You are advised not to book travel more than 60 days before the retreat, and to purchase travel insurance in order to protect against losses due to cancellation.
The organizer may not be held liable for:
- Losses resulting from program cancellation due to insufficient enrollment, as described above, or causes beyond the organizer’s control, including, but not limited to: acts of war, terrorism, civil unrest, natural disasters, public health emergencies, transportation disruptions or delays.
- Loss or damage to personal property, personal injury, or loss of life occurring during the retreat or in the course of travel undertaken before or after the retreat program.
- Personal injury or loss of life occurring during the retreat or in the course of travel undertaken before or after the retreat program.
Health and Fitness of Participant
Your booking and acceptance of these terms indicates your acknowledgement of the following:
- You are of sound physical and mental health, sufficient to undertake the travel, meditation practice, and activities associated with this program.
- In the event you have medical conditions that may preclude your participation in any program activities, heighten your risk in said activities, or have experienced any significant physical or mental illness, or other debilitating personal circumstances within the last three years, it is your obligation to disclose such conditions or circumstances to the program organizer. The organizer may not be held responsible for any injury or loss of life that occurs as a result of such an omission on your part.
Documentation & Insurance
You agree to:
- Procure and carry all necessary documentation for travel to and from the retreat location, including passport and any necessary visas or health certificates.
- Carry proof of health insurance covering any expected or unexpected medical attention, medication, or other expenses in the retreat country and en route.
- Take out a travel insurance policy or accept personal risk for any and all losses due to unexpected cancellations, delays, disruptions, or changes of itinerary.
Code of Conduct
The shared trust in a retreat community, which supports individual and communal growth, is built upon mutual agreements of respect, kindness, care, and clarity. Behavior which breaks this shared trust will be grounds for expulsion from the program without return of any funds paid, and includes, but is not limited to: physical or verbal abuse, harassment on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or national origin, sexual harassment, excessive drinking or intoxication.
Portions of this program may be recorded with photography, video, or other media for the sole purpose of promotional use for future programs. You hereby authorize Michael Anderson – Art of Being to use any photographs or video footage of you in print, online, or video-based promotional materials.